Free Packaging Waste Reports
If your company is obligated under the Packaging Waste Regulations 2007 you will no doubt be having to annually calculate your total packaging handling, which can be a very time consuming and often difficult task. As part of our services we provide free packaging waste reports to all of our customers. These reports consolidate all of your packaging purchased into packaging material type by weight making the task of producing your reports for your regulation compliance much easier.
Are you obligated under these regulations?
The Producer Responsibility Obligations (Packaging Waste) Regulations 2007
If your business handles more than 50 tonnes of packaging in a calendar year and has a turnover of more than £2 million per year you are legally obligated to comply with these producer responsibility regulations.
The obligations apply to the total amount of packaging that your business handles, not the amount of packaging waste that your business produces and is valid if you;
- Manufacture or convert the raw materials used to make packaging
- Pack or fill packaged products
- Supply packaged goods to the end user
- Lease or hire out packaging, such as pallets
- Import packaging, packaging materials or packaged goods into the UK
If you are obligated as a company you are required to annually:
1. Register with the appropriate environment agency
England & Wales – The Environment Agency (EA)
Scotland – The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA)
2. Complete an annual data submission detailing the amount and type of packaging you have handled. That's where we come in, we provide all of our customers with free Packaging Waste Reports to help make this tasks much easier.
3. Calculate the number of tonnes of packaging waste your company must finance the recovery and recycling of – this is known as your ‘obligation’
4. Purchase recycling evidence (called Packaging Waste Recovery Notes (PRNS)) to meet your obligation
5. Submit the recycling evidence to the relevant environment agency
Further information is available on