At Swiftpak our team is vital to both the success of our business and the satisfaction of our clients - our core goal. We are constantly growing and occasionally look for talented new individuals to fill new roles that open up as we expand.
As a family run business we value all of our team members and all work closely together to ensure we meet our core commitment of always providing the best in product, process and service to our clients, you will learn all abut this when you join our team.
If you are interested in any of the below roles and would like to work for an innovative, forward thinking company that values your work and contribution, then please email in your CV and cover Letter to Jennyg@swiftpak.co.uk
Purchasing Assistant / Administrator
We have a vacant position for a confident Purchasing Administrator. Reporting to the Head of Procurement and working closely within a busy environment you'll be a vital player in the smooth and efficient running of the Procurement Team.
- Full time or Part Time
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Raising and processing Purchase Orders
- Liaise with teams on costs, lead-times and supplier issues as required
- Dealing with and resolving queries.
- Communication with suppliers and internal stakeholders on the status of material availability and requirements.
- Answering and making telephone calls.
- Perform administrative tasks in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Updating the system accordingly with updates and information.
- Supporting Management on regular and ad hoc tasks in relation with purchasing related issues.
This role is ideally suited to someone who has strong interpersonal skills and a good communicator (telephone/e-mail/meeting). They will need to be conscientious with meticulous attention for detail, have a proactive attitude and ethical behaviour. Being organised and able to correctly prioritise their workload to meet tight deadlines is essential.
- MS Office – Excel, Word and Outlook are a necessity
- Purchasing experience is desirable but not essential
- Strong numerical/ data analysis skills
- Job share considered
Customer Services Apprentice
We are currently recruiting for a friendly and focused apprentice to join our existing customer service team. To provide exceptional customer service, order processing and dealing with enquiries in a timely and acceptable manner. Ensuring all customer complaints and non-conformities are actioned and resolved in a timely and acceptable manner. To promote a company wide awareness of an industry leading customer service experience.
This role is paid and includes training at Reading College.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing help and advice to customers using your knowledge of the organisation's products or services
- Entering transport carrier costs on orders outside standard deliver area and ensuring as a result the margin is still at an acceptable level, if not alert the Sales Manager.
- Communicating courteously with customers by telephone, email and letter.
- Keeping on overall check on margins versus cost price increases that crop up when ordering entering and alert the account manager.
- Investigating and solving customers' problems.
- Filing of delivery notes.
- Entering and managing customers schedule orders as needed.
- Issuing refunds or compensation to customers.
- Keeping accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers, using the company CRM software
- Assist in writing reports analysing the customer service that your organisation provides.
- Recording customer complaints using the Orderwise software system, assigning them to the relevant person and taking ownership to see the complaint through to completion.
- Assist in developing feedback or complaints procedures for customers to use.
- Assist in developing customer service procedures, policies and standards for your organisation or department.
- Processing sundry accounts orders and quotes. Calling when necessary.
- Meeting with other managers to discuss possible improvements to customer service.
- Generate Scheduled orders on a monthly basis.
- Learning about Swiftpak’s products and services and keeping up to date with changes.
- Keeping ahead of developments in customer service by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending courses.
- Maintaining the Picking List informing customers of any late or incomplete deliveries.
- Entering of orders received via fax, email, phone or website. Sending order acknowledgements to customer advising at the time of any price changes or product availability issues.
- Answering and directing sales calls.
- Making proactive calls to customers to build rapport and participation in some telemarketing