Electronics arguably require the most attention to detail when it comes to packaging. Not only can they be expensive and fragile, but prone to Electro Static discharge (ESD) too. In this case, a highly protective packaging solution must be in place for protection against physical and mechanical damage during transit.
Here, we explore everything you need to know about electronics packaging.
Fundamentals of electronics packaging
Taking into account the points above, it’s easy to recognise the difficulties faced within the electronics industry. Being fragile and often expensive, any damage caused to electronics during transit can prove costly – both for your business’ funds and reputation.
This goes for damage caused by static charges too. Although the problem won’t be noticed immediately, when the product simply doesn’t power on, isn’t functioning correctly, or suffers from lifespan shortages, your packaging solution is likely to blame.
Consequently, protection against impacts during transit, mishandling, moisture, dust, and static charges is vital for a successful electronics packaging solution.
Examples of electronics packaging
At Swiftpak, we use our packaging expertise, knowledge and experience in the electronics industry to recommend and provide successful packaging solutions. We combine sufficient protection with reduced materials to avoid over-packing and unnecessary complexities for flexible and cost-effective packaging. Here are just a few examples of packaging our customers use effectively to protect their electronics during transit.
Today, various packaging products are used to protect electronics from static discharge. These include:
- Antistatic self seal bubble bags – no static charges are produced when antistatic bubble bags are handled to prevent ESD. Includes a self seal strip for easy and effective sealing.
- Antistatic bubble wrap – can be used in many situations due to flexibility of the wrap. Available in small and large bubble options.
- Metalized bags – available in open and zip top variations, metalized bags provide excellent protection against ESD. Extremely effective for shipping integrated circuits, CD drives, hard drives and more.
The value of mobile phones, tablets, gadgets and other similar products often draw attention from the wrong people. That’s why tamper evident packaging plays a big part in the electronics industry. Unauthorized access to packages can result in stolen or damaged products – a costly scenario to rectify. So, what are your options when it comes to preventing illegal activity?
- Tamper evident cartons – simple but cleverly designed cartons can be made to fold into tamper evident boxes. This creates a package impossible to open without causing physical damage. Perfect for expensive mobile phones and similar electronics.
For further information on this topic, take a look at our tamper-evident packaging blog. Here, we explain what tamper-evident packaging is and why it’s so important.
Many electronics contain components that are prone to being scratched, cracked and shattered – a common occurrence without the correct packaging. So, how can you best protect laptops, flat screens, and camera lenses from damage?
- Film support packs – Lapsanp, Screensnap, and Quicksnap film support packs are available in various sizes to guarantee damage prevention for your product. The film is used to secure electronics in place, prevent movement, and provide a protective layer against dirt, dust or anything that could leave scratches.
Electronics packaging solutions from Swiftpak
Given the nature of electronic products and the difficulties addressed here, it’s best to seek advice from an expert when it comes to packaging. If your business needs a personalised, performance driven and cost-effective packaging solution, contact Swiftpak today. Our electronics packaging experts would love to help you put.