When it comes to packaging products, bubble wrap may just be the most well-known and used material around. Not only does it protect your items against scratches, dust, and dirt, but helps to prevent breakages during transit too.
But there’s now an alternative that many businesses prefer, and for several good reasons too– this alternative is known as paper wrap (or paper bubble wrap).
Why, you ask? Well let’s take a look.
The benefits of traditional bubble wrap
It’s only fair to say that bubble wrap is considered one of the most useful packaging materials available. Here’s why:
- Can be shaped to fit most products – With the nature and flexibility of bubble wrap, ensuring oddly-shaped items are well protected is easy.
- Available in various forms – In sheets, as a bag, or envelope, bubble wrap packaging can be used to suit your business specific needs and requirements.
- Lightweight – Full of air, bubble wrap adds an extremely low volume of weight to your shipment. This keeps costs as low as possible.
- Cheap – Bubble wrap isn’t as expensive as specialised wrapping materials such as bespoke foam sheets.
All looks promising, doesn’t it?
Don’t get us wrong, bubble wrap is great. However, while traditional bubble wrap is useful for those needing a protective packaging solution, businesses looking to make sustainable decisions and meet the expectations of today’s consumer may think otherwise.
In short, traditional bubble wrap can’t be recycled easily – it’s far from eco-friendly.
This is where paper wrap comes into play.
What is paper bubble wrap?
Paper bubble wrap is made from 100% recycled paper and features a bubble, or honeycomb style pattern over the surface. It can be used in a similar way to traditional bubble wrap, protecting and cushioning fragile goods during transit.
The benefits of paper bubble wrap
Being lightweight, highly protective, and cost-effective, paper wrap shares many qualities with traditional bubble wrap. But how does paper wrap differ? On top of the benefits already mentioned, paper wrap is:
- Eco-friendly – Paper wrap can be easily recycled and biodegrades quickly too. It also requires very little energy to produce, and being lightweight, can be transported at very little CO2 usage.
- Compact & space efficient – Due to both its flex and stretchability, paper wrap is super easy to store and takes a lot less storage space than bubble wrap. It’s typically seen at 250 meters per role, and can be used with a dispenser from the nearest convenient space. This means your paper wrap can be set up at the packing stations, without getting in the way.
- Wraps closely – Paper wrap provides perfect all-round protection against dirt, dust and scratches. Its elastic nature allows it to snugly wrap around each part of your item, even when dealing with unorthodox shapes.
- Requires no glue or tape - Through its honeycomb like structure the cells interlock for a cling that requires no additional substances.
What to pack with paper bubble wrap?
You can package many items with paper wrap, just like with traditional bubble. From extremely fragile items, through to awkwardly shaped ones, and everything in between. Where paper wrap is at its best though is when used for delicate goods and fine surfaces. For example, this could include:
- Pictures and mirrors
- Glass bottles
- Plates and dishes
- Furniture pieces
Paper bubble wrap from Swiftpak
At Swiftpak, we stock thousands of protective supplies to help businesses revolutionise their packaging. We also recognise the need for sustainable packaging solutions, so are constantly looking for innovative products that maximise both protection and eco-friendliness for your shipping needs.
If you’re looking for paper bubble wrap, or eco-friendly packaging in general, get in touch with our expert team today. We’d love to discuss your requirements and recommend the very best packaging solution for your business -with over 40 years’ experience, we know we can make a difference.