We have always believed that a business needs to balance purpose and profit and in-line with our core values, we believe that by continuously improving today we ensure a better tomorrow for all of us.
Back in October 2020, at Swiftpak we received confirmation of successfully achieving the B Corporation status which exemplifies our commitment to be better.
Creating a better tomorrow doesn’t work as a singular entity; this is why we are thrilled to be part of a global movement where people use business as a force for good. As one of the few certified B Corps within the packaging industry, we continue to lead the way in our industry when it comes to corporate, social, and environmental consciousness in all of our business dealings.
What being a B Corp means to Swiftpak
The Swiftpak team are the heart of the positive impact we have on the world, and we have even been told that our superpower is the family-like environment we have been able to create.
As Swiftpak is a family-owned enterprise, being a B Corp means we consider the welfare of our employees is of upmost importance. We show this through our accredited Living Wage Employer certification that ensures our team are fairly compensated for their hard work, as well as through benefits such as Perkbox and increased holiday allowance.
We also know that to be a Certified B Corp means to commit to a higher standard of accountability, transparency, and performance. We do our best to reduce our environmental impact as much as possible whilst also helping customers to do the same. So instead of just advertising the best packaging solutions, we actively aim to help customers make informed decisions. We are proud to build a profitable business that prioritises bringing benefit to the people, planet, and the economy.
To find out all about our B Corp journey, visit ‘How Swiftpak became a Certified B Corporation’
What Swiftpak have achieved since becoming a B Corporation
Since becoming a B Corp in 2020, we have achieved many highlights and improved our business for the better over the past two years. Within this section, we will celebrate our achievements within the years of 2021 and 2022 and share what is to come moving forward in 2023.
- Tree planting initiative: We are now a workplace that takes meaningful steps to address climate change by offsetting the journey’s employee’s take into the office by planting trees and also by encouraging our team to work from home some days of the week.
- Mental Health First Aiders: Four members of our team were trained in mental health first aid, so we are now able to provide further support to the rest of our staff if they need it. The Swiftpak team also participated in Mental Health Awareness Week. To show our support, all team members wore green and brought in cakes. We put new posters around the office that included important information surrounding mental health, reminding employees about our mental health first aid team who are around to confide in.
- Product improvements: Our Stretch Wrap Calculator went live to help customers reduce plastic through calculating their plastic usage and then switching to better options.
- Team Building Days: To build bonds and further improve our teamwork, we conducted fun Team Building Days, where the Swiftpak team was split up into groups to participate in activities that included an entertaining treasure hunt with clues! By uniting together, we know it makes our business stronger.
- Carbon Neutral Certificate: We are so proud to have succeeded in gaining our Carbon Neutral Certificate. It means we met all the Carbon Neutral Britain Certification standards in measuring, calculating, and carbon offsetting our organisational carbon emissions since January 2021!
- Highly Commended at the Packaging Awards: That’s right – thanks to our tree planting initiative with Ecologi to help customer re-plant their paper waste within a few clicks, we were highly commended at the Packaging Awards in 2022! We were so thrilled to receive recognition for our contribution to trying to make the world a better place as part of the B Corporation movement.
Team Building Activity 2022.
At Swiftpak, we are looking forward to a great year ahead in 2023, where we will be focusing on revamping our sustainability strategy and increasing our product innovation pipeline to help improve on the recyclability of our products.
We hope that our upcoming projects will help toward the circular economy targets of our customers, making recycling of their packaging products easier. We will also be holding more volunteering days as a team as we are committed to helping our wider community as much as we can.
Moving forward as a B Corp
At Swiftpak, our mission is to make sure our customers operations are as productive and stress-free as possible in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. This means that we strive to create a positive impact on our stakeholders – in which we call the Swiftpak Impact.
If you feel inspired by the B Corp movement, we encourage you to become certified as well. To do this, the B Impact Assessment will need to be completed first that features around 200 assessment questions. But do not feel daunted, because becoming a B Certified Corporation has so many benefits for a business including more credibility, improved engagement with employees, and a great positioning for the future!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you are looking to become part of this global movement and need some guidance, as we will be happy to share some insights and help to answer any questions you may have.
Together, can we make a real difference and create a better world for tomorrow.